Wednesday, August 16, 2006

WAHM Bloggers Network - QOTW

The WAHM Bloggers Network that I belong to does a Question of the Week (QOTW). This is the first time I have seen this, so here goes nothing!

Which TV mom are you most like and why? Are you more like June Cleaver from Leave it to Beaver or Rosanne?

Well I can tell you right off the bat that I am NO June Cleaver! Not even close. As a matter of fact, I would much rather have my hubby have dinner waiting on the table for ME when I get home! I do think I am a mixture of more than one TV mom.

I would love to be Claire Huxtable. She was a poised, classy, professional woman, who still had the time/desire to have a big and loving family. I would love to have her grace and wit. Like Claire, I am a professional woman. I have a career and a family, and I have the grace and talent to do both.

I have a little bit of Roseanne Connor in me as well. I definitely am most like her in body type! Yikes! I can also relate to her abrasive sense of humor. I think that runs in my family as well!

Mostly though, I feel like Debra Barone and I are living parallel lives! I think we are on the same insanity level! I do think my husband has a little more sense in his head than Ray Barone though! Here are just a few of our similarities:
  • My inlaws live right down the street. They are my brother-in-law and sister-in-law, instead of my parents-in-law, and we get along great.
  • There have been quite a few episodes though that hit a little close to home! Down to the fact that my husband is from New York and I am from Pennsylvania - so while Robert and Amy were dating/getting married, there were a lot of NY/PA jokes!
  • Many of the golf episodes reminded me a lot of my husband.
  • The interaction with her husband and mother-in-law gave us plenty to laugh about, and I sometimes wondered if my husband was secretly writing for the show!

I think it is great to have role models and/or comic relief. I think it is better though, to be yourself and pave your own way. Eventually the series ends, but life goes on...

1 comment:

Admin said...

Thanks for participating in the WAHM bloggers network Which TV mom are you most like and why? WAHM reveal which tv mom they are most like.